This weekend marks the half-way point of our summer camp season of 2009! We have just completed 4 weeks and there are another 4 remaining. Here are some of the highlights thus far:
– Campers becoming Christians – Each week we have been able to see a number of campers dedicate their lives to become followers of Christ! It is so awesome to see God working in this way.
– Sharing and praying with their counselors – This last week (Teens camp) had a number of campers stay back after chapel to share and pray with their counselors. Many of them shared their secret struggles with their counselors. It was great to hear about the freedom they experienced as they took this step.
– Weather – This has been a summer of cool and wet weather. While this has been tiring sometimes, it has also been great to see how our staff have met this challenge with enthusiasm and energy. And eventually it has to stop raining…right?
– Summer Staff – I’ve said it many times, but one of my highlights every year is being able to work with such a wonderful group of young people. We have such a fabulous staff this year that have a passion for the ministry of camp and for growing disciples. Thanks to all the summer staff!
– Full time staff – We’ve got such a great team of full time staff members here. Each of them are so gifted in various ways that it is a pleasure to see them at their work. From putting up extravagent last minute tarp shelters, to adjusting plans based on weather, it is a great group of people to work with!
There are many other things I could share as highlights, but then my end of summer post would not be very fresh and new!